Deer Valley High School  Logo
Administration Site Council Foundation WASC Accreditation
Career Technology Education English ELD Math Physical Education Science Social Science Special Education Visual Arts World Languages Performing Arts
Business and Technology ACE Academy Law and Justice Academy Performing Arts AVID
Deer Valley High School Library
Counseling Request to see a Counselor Graduation Requirements A-G College Requirements College and Career Center Advanced Placement NCAA Information Senior Information Junior Information Sophomore Information Freshmen Information Incoming 9th Grade Information College Assessment Tests
Testing Resources PTSA Cyber Safety Online Assessments
The College and Career Center Career & Jobs College Financial Aid & Scholarships Internships, Volunteering & Other Opportunities Military Summer Opportunties #Adulting Centro de Universidad y Careras
DVHS Yearbook Vintage Yearbooks
DV Athletics Calendar Wolverine Football
DVHS Leadership Seniors Juniors Sophomores Freshmen Spirit Wear DVTV After School Program Link Crew Student Clubs Student Bulletin

LMC Assessment Testing

LMC Orientation and Application

All LMC students must participate in an Orientation before they can enroll for classes in the Fall, so why not accomplish this task while on DVHS campus this year.

Signing up now means you can qualify for Early Registration as an incoming LMC Freshmen.

LMC Alternatives to taking the assessment tests

High school transcripts

Math: If you have taken Algebra II in high school and received a "C" or better (every report period), you may submit transcripts to the admissions office and place directly into Math 32, 34, or 37.

English: If you have taken AP English in high school and got a 3, 4, or 5 on the exam, you may submit transcripts and place directly into English 100.

College or university transcripts

Math: If you have taken a math class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher-level Math class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.

English: If you have taken an English class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher level English class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.

If you have already received a bachelor's degree from a college or university, submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.

Outside assessment and placement

Results from other colleges, including the CSU placement, can be sent to us in place of our math and English assessments. Results should include your score and what you were placed into (i.e. English 1A).

EAP (Early Assessment administered by STAR) English scores allow you to place into English 100 if they say "Ready for CSU or CCC English" (the math score is not accepted).

ELM (CSU Math Placement) and EPT (CSU English Placement) scores are accepted.

How to send your assessment scores from another college or university

IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, phone number and LMC Student ID number with your test results.

Fax your test results to (925) 427-1599, Attention: Assessment Center

Mail your test results to Los Medanos College Assessment Center, 2700 E. Leland Road, Pittsburg CA 94565

Petition to retake assessment tests within one-year policy

Please check with your English professor, math professor or academic counselor for a referral; or contact Jorge Cea at

Pittsburg Assessment Center: (925) 473-7431

Brentwood Campus: (925) 513-1625