The Career Technology Education Department provides classes which offer students a variety of career-related experiences. Students will develop the skills they need for college or other post-secondary education as well as skills they'll use in future careers. Courses may also be taken for personal enrichment.
- Technology courses allow students to explore a variety of useful computer programs while developing marketable skills and learning concepts used in the workplace. They include Computer Applications, Digital Art, Web Design, and Visual Basic and Animation.
- Business courses include Introduction to Business and Marketing.
- The Business Technology Academy allows students to select a pathway of courses where they develop technology skills and gain understanding of the modern work place.
- Home Economics courses are for those who would like to learn Culinary Arts and other aspects of the hospitality industry. They may also pursue their interests in Interior Design, and Fashion Design.
- Child Development offers ROP Careers with Children, a study of human growth and development that includes a laboratory preschool on the DVHS campus and field study experiences in local elementary and middle schools. ROP Developmental Psychology of Children provides the academic foundation needed to pursue postsecondary study in psychology, human development or education. Both are great for students considering careers in Social Work, Pediatrics, Psychology or Teaching.
- Video courses provide students with experience creating video and working in broadcasting. Courses are Art of Video Production and ROP Television Production.
- Automotive Technology offers skills for both the future auto technician and the person who wants to know about how their car works, a life skill for anyone who drives.
- Law Academy provides students with a challenging program of study that prepares them for success in post-secondary education and the workplace, particularly in fields of legal and government services and protective services. Courses include Foundations of Law, Foundations of Criminal Justice, Constitutional Law, and Work-Based Learning.
- Leadership classes give students training and experience in planning and carrying out small and large school events. They interact with community leaders and businesses and try to promote positive information about DVTV to them. They also gain experience in running a student store and various fundraisers to pay for school activities.